Voting is now open for a Community & Voluntary rep on the Clare Rural Development Forum
Clare Public Participation Network is delighted to announce two excellent candidates for the position of Clare PPN Community & Voluntary representative on the Clare Rural Development Forum. Voting is now open at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MSTWDF7
- Voting is only open to Clare PPN Community & Voluntary member groups (if you are unsure about your group’s status please email email@example.com).
- Each group has only one vote.
- All survey fields must be completed in order to validate vote.
- Voting will close on Monday, 31st December 2018 and and the successful candidate will be announced on Tuesday, 1st January 2019
IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
Mary Mather Leahy – Clare Community Cluster
Mary has a good knowledge of rural and urban communitites with long time experience of living and volunteering in Clare including
- Chairperson: Clare Community & Voluntary Forum
- Vice Chair: Clare County Development Board
- Clare Community Forum Volunteer
- Ennis Joint Policing Committee Clare Gathering Committee
Currently Mary is involved in the community as follows:
- Volunteer: Clare Community Cluster: & Mid West Drugs & Alcohol Forum (Limerick)
- Volunteer Member of Clare Older People’s Council
- Founder Member of Clare Age-Friendly
History & Sociology Maynooth NUI & Women’s Studies UCD
Fetac Tourism Level 6 Fetac
World Development Education at Mary I, Limerick
Neil O’Brien – O’Callaghan’s Mills GAA
Hi my name is Neil O Brien, I’m from O’Callaghans Mills a small village in the heart of East Clare. I’ve lived and worked all my life in rural Ireland. I’ve grown up in the O’Callaghans Mills parish and seen how emigration has hit home badly in our beautiful county Clare. I’m a small farmer and business owner. I know the struggles that rural businesses and rural dwellers face on a daily basis. Community and sporting groups are no different and face huge challenges with rural isolation and depopulation. From my business experience in the past and present, and my voluntary work within organisations with a diverse element, from my local GAA club and county committees in Clare GAA, Macra Na Feirme, IFA and other sports, social and music groups. I will represent a voice for all groups and clubs within county Clare. I have enthusiasm and passion for our villages and towns and hope to see them grow once more. Local communities groups are the life and sole of our towns and villages and we need them to flourish once again. I hope you will support my nomination for election of Clare PPN Community and Voluntary College Representative