by Sarah Clancy | Mar 20, 2020 | Members News, PPN News |
Survey for Clare community groups on response to Covid-19
Clare PPN and Clare Volunteer Centre are working together to make the best uses of our resources during this Covid-19 outbreak.
We are fully aware that community and voluntary groups in County Clare provide essential services to vulnerable people in our communities and that many of the people who provide these services are already working at full capacity.
We are conducting a survey of community groups so that we can see where voluntary support might be needed over the coming weeks and months.
We would really appreciate it if you could complete the short survey at the link below, as soon as possible, to let us know who you are currently serving in the county and what your organisation might need in terms of supports.
by Sarah Clancy | Feb 13, 2020 | Current, Members News, PPN News |
13th February 2020 Notice of Elections
Clare PPN has a number of vacancies for representatives to sit on the policy committees of Clare County Council and on the board ‘secretariat’ of Clare PPN itself. If you are a contact person for one of our member groups you will receive an email from us today notifying you of which of these positions you are eligible to nominate and vote for.
– two representatives for Clare County Council’s Local Community Development Committee, one from our Community and Voluntary Groups and one from our Environmental Groups
-two representatives to sit on Clare County Council’s Rural Development Forum one from our Social Inclusion Groups and one from our Environmental Groups
-one representative from our Community and Voluntary Groups to sit on Clare County Council’s Social Development Strategic Policy Committee
For our ‘Secretariat’ (the board that runs Clare PPN between plenary meetings) we need
- one representative from one of our groups based in the Ennis Municipal District
- one representative from one of our groups based in the Shannon Municipal District
- two representatives from our Environmental Groups
- one representative from our Community and Voluntary Groups.
These positions are all voluntary and are open to people who are in one of Clare PPN’s member groups. We will be emailing all member groups today calling for their nominations for each role they are entitled to nominate for and following close of nominations should we have more than one candidate for any role we will hold an election from our eligible membership. You can read the full details of each position and how to make nominations in the attachments below.
Please note the following:
- Representatives of Political Parties or Independent TDs, Councillors or MEPS may not hold PPN seats.
- Candidates for any local, national, or EU election may not hold PPN seats for one year after the date of the relevant election.
- People may only represent Clare PPN on one external body or committee – if you already represent Clare PPN but wish to seek a nomination for any of these roles you will be asked to vacate your existing role should you be successful. Please note PPN representatives may hold roles on Clare PPN secretariat and one external committee or body.
Clare PPN Notice of Elections Ennis MD Feb 2020
Clare PPN Notice of Elections Shannon MD Feb 2020
Clare PPN Notice of Elections Community and Voluntary Feb 2020
Clare PPN Notice of Elections Environment Feb 2020
Clare PPN Notice of Elections Social Inclusion Feb 2020