Madeline Mc Aleer
Joint Policing Committee
Date of meeting:
Were you asked to raise any issues on behalf of Clare PPN members at this meeting?
- To thank An Garda Síochána for their attendance at the PPN voter registration event and at the election husting event
- To propose that Domestic and Sexual Assault and actions around these issues are specifically referenced in a strategic Objective of the JPC 2020 Work Plan
- Fear of crime to include drug related intimidation
Main topics discussed at the meeting:
- Property Marking Scheme demonstration – Co. Council have purchased a property marking device and offer a free property marking service
- An Garda Síochána crime report 2019 V 2020 stats.
- Protective Service Unit established in Clare – based in Crusheen Station
- Drug related crime / fear intimidation – Dermot Hayes referred to comments made by priest in Cloughleigh – drug related intimidation, drug associated crime and mental health and suicides
- Follow up on reported crime Illegal Traveller halting sites
- Commissioner attending JPC – July 13th
- PSU presentation suggested
- Work Plan 2020 to be discussed at next meeting
List any decisions made at the meeting:
More detailed breakdown of crime figures will be available for next meeting Presentation on Protective Service Units at July meeting when Commissioner present
Do you require any action to be taken by Clare PPN staff as a result of this meeting?
No. Ethics for C & V circular from JPC forwarded to PPN