Notice of Elections for the Community & Voluntary College
Clare PPN would like to give notice of election for the following positions:
Community and Voluntary representative on the Social Development Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) of Clare County Council
The Social Development SPC is responsible for all areas of policy concerning the council’s housing, estate management, culture and sport functions. The SPC meets quarterly and reps are required to attend a pre-meeting with Clare PPN in advance to discuss the agenda and any issues raised by our member groups.
Community and Voluntary representative on the Rural Development Forum of Clare County Council
The Rural Development Forum, which meets three times per year, is comprised of more than 40 representatives from organisations throughout County Clare. One of its key achievements so far has been the Clare County Council’s Rural Development Strategy 2026:
The ideal candidates for these roles will be well connected with community & voluntary groups in the County, committed to social justice and have a genuine interest in increasing participation and policy development by local groups in Local Government Structures. They will also agree to the Clare PPN Representatives’ Charter 2023 which sets out the responsibilities and obligations of this important voluntary role.
Election Rules and Process:
- For each of these two roles Clare PPN’s Community and Voluntary College member groups may nominate one candidate and may cast one vote in the event of an election. (It is each group’s named contact person’s responsibility to consult with their own members regarding this).
- Only groups who were members of Clare PPN on Monday, 18th September are eligible to participate in these elections.
- No person can represent Clare PPN on more than one external committee or body.
How to nominate a candidate:
Groups wishing to nominate candidates must seek their consent first and then must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information on or before Friday, 6th October at 5pm:
- Name of PPN member group.
- Position for which they are nominating a candidate.
- Name of proposed nominee.
- Contact details of proposed nominee.
- A short paragraph (up to 200 words) detailing the nominees’ suitability and experience for the role- this will be shared on social media and on our website in advance of voting.
- A photo of your nominee which we may share with our members and social media followers.
Clare PPN will confirm receipt of nominations by email. Following the close of nominations Clare PPN will circulate details of all candidates to relevant member groups on Monday 9th October. Groups will then be invited to vote using our online form and voting will remain open until 1pm on Monday 16th October. No votes will be accepted after this time. The successful candidate will then be contacted and offered the position.
If you need any more information or wish to discuss either of the roles further please email email@example.com or call 087 1617375
NB: Even if you have nominated a candidate, you will still need to cast your vote to support their election.