Clare PPN would like to give notice of election for the following positions:
Community and Voluntary representative on the Rural Development Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) of Clare County Council
The Rural Development SPC is responsible for all areas of policy concerning the council’s town and village enhancement, community information and communications technology functions.
Community and Voluntary representative on the Rural Development Forum of Clare County Council
The Rural Development Forum, which meets three times per year, is comprised of more than 40 representatives from organisations throughout County Clare. One of its key achievements so far has been the Clare County Council’s Rural Development Strategy 2026 (review to be published this week):
Community and Voluntary representative on the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)
The Local Community Development Committee is comprised of Council Officials, Elected Councillors, and various business and community representatives. The LCDC was set up:
- To prepare and adopt the community elements of the 6 year Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP)
- To co-ordinate, manage and oversee the implementation of local and community development programmes
- To administer various funding streams tackling poverty and social exclusion
The ideal candidates will be well connected with community & voluntary groups in the area and have a genuine interest in increasing participation and policy development by local groups in Local Government Structures. They will also agree to the Clare PPN Representatives’ Charter 2023 which sets out the responsibilities and obligations of this voluntary role.
Election Rules and Process:
- Only groups who were members of Clare PPN on Monday, 6th March are eligible to participate in this election.
- Only groups who are members of the Community & Voluntary Pillar can participate in this election.
- No person can represent Clare PPN on more than one external committee or body,
- Each member group may nominate one candidate and may cast one vote. (It is each group’s named contact person’s responsibility to consult with their own members regarding this).
How to nominate a candidate:
Groups wishing to nominate a candidate must seek their consent first and then must send an email to email@example.com with the following information on or before Friday, 17th March at 5pm:
- Name of PPN member group.
- Position for which they are nominating a candidate.
- Name of proposed nominee.
- Contact details of proposed nominee.
- A short paragraph (up to 200 words) detailing the nominees’ suitability and experience for the role- this will be shared on social media and on our website in advance of voting.
- A photo of your nominee which we may share with our members and social media followers.
Clare PPN will confirm receipt of nominations by email. Following the close of nominations Clare PPN will circulate details of candidates to relevant member groups on Monday, 20th March. Online voting will remain open until 1pm Monday 27th March. No votes will be accepted after this time. The successful candidate will then be contacted and offered the position.
If you need any more information or wish to discuss the role further please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 1617375
NB: Even if you have nominated a candidate, you will still need to cast your vote to support their election.