Tuesday 17th September 2019
Call for nominations for Community and Voluntary College representatives . Closing date 30th September 2019 5pm.
As some of you will be aware Clare PPN has a number of representative seats on Clare County Council’s Strategic Policy Committees. (SPCS) Following the local elections held in May 2019, it is now necessary for us to hold elections to select representatives to hold these seats. This page deals only with the seats available to our Community and Voluntary College member groups of Clare PPN.
What is a Strategic Policy Committee?
The task of each SPC is to assist and advise the Council in the formulation, development and review of policy in a certain thematic area. Each SPC consists of a elected Councillors as well as Business, Farming, Trade Union and Community Interests. Clare PPN is responsible for the nominations and support of all the Community and Voluntary Sector seats. There are currently four separate SPCs organised in Clare County Council. They are as follows
- Physical Development SPC – with responsibility for Climate Change, Transportation, Water and Waste Water, Fire and Major Emergency Management.
- Rural Development SPC – Rural development, Community, Tourism, Broadband, Digital Information and Communications Strategy
- Social Development SPC – with responsibility for Housing, Arts and Culture, Sports and Recreation.
We are seeking nominations for one Community and Voluntary representative for each of the above SPCS
Who can make nominations?
Every current community and voluntary college member group of Clare PPN can nominate one person for each of the three representative positions. Once all nominees have been received on September 30th Clare PPN will circulate their details and hold online elections in which all environmental member groups will be invited to vote.
Who can be nominated?
Any person who is in a Community and Voluntary college member group of Clare PPN can be nominated for these positions with the following exceptions
- Currently serving elected representatives may not be nominated.
Anyone who has contested elections in the last year may not be nominated.
- Those who have declared their intention to stand for general or local election can not be nominated.
- If someone is nominated and later decides to contest an election they will have to vacate their seat.
- Any individual can only hold one SPC seat.
What’s involved in being a representative on an SPC for Clare PPN:
The successful candidates will be required attend four SPC meetings per year on behalf of all the Community and Voluntary Member Groups in Clare PPN (plus a brief pre-meeting on the same day at Clare PPN), four Clare PPN plenary meetings per year and the occasional pillar group meeting and or training event. Feedback after each SPC meeting will also be required. Clare PPN will provide support for anyone who decides to take on these positions and travel expenses will be covered by Clare County Council and Clare PPN.
How do you nominate candidates?
NB: Please ensure that your group has re-registered in 2019 (you will have received emails to assist this process in the last few weeks). If you have any queries or need further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Member groups from the Community and Voluntary College of Clare PPN can nominate one candidate per representative position. If you are not sure which pillar your group belongs to please contact: email@example.com
• A candidate can only be the nominee for ONE representative position on ONE SPC – in the case that a person is nominated for more than one SPC we will contact them to ask them to select one which they wish to stand for.
• The candidate’s permission must be secured before they are nominated
• A fully completed form (see link below )with a clear photo and a short biography of the nominees (up to 200 words) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination Form Community & Voluntary Pillar
• Nominations must be received by 5pm, Monday 30th September 2019 after this date we will contact all members with the full list of candidates and ask for their votes.
Please make sure you do nominate and then vote in these elections- we want to be sure our member groups are fully involved in selecting who they want to represent them on these three SPCs. Please get in touch if any of the above confuses you or if you need any help. You can get us on 087-1617375 or admin@clareppn,ie