NOTICE OF ELECTION
Clare Public Participation Network gives notice of its intention to conduct an election from among its membership for the following position which has become vacant:
Killaloe Municipal District Secretariat Member
Clare PPN is managed by a board known as the Secretariat. This secretariat is responsible for running the Public Participation Network in Clare between plenary meetings where the member groups’ views and input are sought.
Clare PPN has two part time staff and an annual budget of €80,000 per year which is provided by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Clare County Council. The secretariat which is a flat structure meets four to six times per year with those meetings usually taking place in Ennis County Clare. The successful candidate will also be required to attend events and meetings organised by the PPN itself for the purposes of consulting with our member groups. From 2019, secretariat members will be required to become directors of Clare Public Participation Network CLG.
The ideal candidate will be a person who is well connected with community groups in the area and someone who has a genuine interest in increasing participation by local groups in Local Government Structures.
Current Municipal Districts of County Clare
Election Rules and Process
- Only groups who were members of Clare PPN on Monday, 4th February are eligible to nominate a candidate and vote in this election.
- Only groups with addresses in Killaloe Municipal District may nominate a candidate or vote in this election.
- Each eligible member group may nominate one candidate and may cast one vote in the relevant election – it is each group’s named contact person’s responsibility to consult with their own members in regard to this.
How to nominate a candidate:
Nominations must be received by Friday, 15th February 2019
Groups wishing to nominate a candidate must seek their consent first and then send an email to: email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Community Group
- Clare PPN membership number (if you are unsure of this please email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Name of proposed nominee.
- Contact details of proposed nominee.
- A short paragraph (up to 200 words) detailing the nominees’ suitability and experience for the role- this will be shared on social media and on our website in advance of voting.
- A photo of your nominee which we may share with our members and social media followers.
Clare PPN will confirm receipt of nominations by email.
How to vote:
Following the close of nominations, Clare PPN will circulate details of candidates to eligible members and share them online and voting will be open until 5pm on Friday, 1st March 2019. Voting will be by online survey. You must quote your Clare PPN membership number when voting. The name of the successful candidate will then be announced.
NB: Even if you have nominated a candidate you will also need to cast your vote to support their election.
If you have any questions about the election or Clare PPN in general please email: email@example.com