Clare PPN would like to give notice of election for the following position:
Shannon Municipal District Secretariat member of Clare PPN (and optional trustee of Clare PPN CLG)
Clare PPN is managed by a board known as the Secretariat. This secretariat is responsible for running the Public Participation Network in Clare between plenary meetings.
Clare PPN has three part time staff and an annual budget of €110,700 per year which is provided by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Clare County Council. The secretariat which is a flat structure meets eight to ten times per year with those meetings usually taking place in Ennis, County Clare (currently online due to Covid-19 restrictions). The successful candidate will also be required to attend events and meetings organised by the PPN itself for the purposes of consulting with our member groups. Secretariat members will be asked to become trustees of Clare PPN CLG although this is not a mandatory requirement.
The ideal candidate will be a person who is well connected with community groups in the area and someone who has a genuine interest in increasing participation and policy development by local groups in Local Government Structures
Election Rules and Process:
- Only groups who were members of Clare PPN on Wednesday, 20th July 2022 are eligible to participate in this election.
- Only groups who are members of the Shannon Municipal District can participate in this election.
- No person can represent Clare PPN on more than one external committee or body,
- Each member group may nominate one candidate and may cast one vote. (It is each group’s named contact person’s responsibility to consult with their own members regarding this).
How to nominate a candidate:
Groups wishing to nominate a candidate must seek their consent first and then must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information on or before Friday, 29th July at 5pm:
- Name of PPN member group.
- Position for which they are nominating a candidate.
- Name of proposed nominee.
- Contact details of proposed nominee.
- A short paragraph (up to 200 words) detailing the nominees’ suitability and experience for the role- this will be shared on social media and on our website in advance of voting.
- A photo of your nominee which we may share with our members and social media followers.
Clare PPN will confirm receipt of nominations by email. Following the close of nominations Clare PPN will circulate details of candidates to our members on Monday, 1st August and online voting will be open until Monday, 8th August at 1pm. No votes will be accepted after this time. The name of the successful candidate will then be announced.
If you need any more information or wish to discuss the role further please email email@example.com or call 087 1617375
NB: Even if you have nominated a candidate, you will still need to cast your vote to support their election.