Clare PPN would like to give notice of election for the following position:
Social Inclusion representative on the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)
The Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) is comprised of Council Officials, Elected Councillors, and various business and community representatives. Among other things LCDC has the job of developing and overseeing the community elements of Clare County Council’s 6 year-long Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP). This is an important committee for Clare PPN and its members and we have 5 seats on it. The vacancy is for a social inclusion seat and we would encourage nominations from people who do frontline work (either voluntary or professional) in following areas; combatting social exclusion, poverty reduction, anti-discrimination policy making, community development, intercultural and anti-racism work. This committee meets 5- 6 times per year and the successful nominee will also be required to participate on occasion in other networking, consultation and policy making events with member groups and the Clare PPN secretariat.
Election Rules and Process:
- Only groups who were members of Clare PPN on Tuesday, 20th April 2021 are eligible to participate in these elections,
- Only groups who are members of the Social Inclusion Pillar can participate in these elections,
- No person can represent Clare PPN on more than one external committee or body,
- Each member group may nominate one candidate and may cast one vote. (It is each group’s named contact person’s responsibility to consult with their own members regarding this).
How to nominate a candidate:
Groups wishing to nominate a candidate must seek their consent first and then must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information on or before Tuesday, 4th May 2021 at 5pm:
- Name of Community Group.
- Position for which they are nominating a candidate.
- Name of proposed nominee.
- Contact details of proposed nominee.
- A short paragraph (up to 200 words) detailing the nominees’ suitability and experience for the role- this will be shared on social media and on our website in advance of voting.
- A photo of your nominee which we may share with our members and social media followers.
Clare PPN will confirm receipt of nominations by email. Following the close of nominations Clare PPN will circulate details of candidates to our members and online and voting will be open until Tuesday, 11th May at 1pm. No votes will be accepted after this time. The name of the successful candidate will be announced for ratification at Clare PPN’s plenary meeting which will take place that evening at 7pm.
NB: Even if you have nominated a candidate, you will still need to cast your vote to support their election.