Monday 29th January 2018
Clare PPN notice of election / Call for nominations of candidates from our Social Inclusion member groups:
Clare PPN has a vacancy on its ‘Secretariat’ for a new member. The Secretariat is the voluntary board that manages the activities of Clare PPN for our member groups. This vacancy is only open to members of our social inclusion groups and only those groups can vote in this election (there is a list of eligible groups at the foot of this article). In order to strengthen Clare PPN’s knowledge and awareness of social inclusion issues we are hoping that a candidate will come forward who has experience of working well with groups who experience poverty or marginalisation for any reason (ethnicity, race, immigration status, age, ability, mental health etc etc) or who themselves has direct experience of being part of one of those communities. This is a great opportunity to help to ensure that Clare Public Participation Network is as good as it can be and it’s an exiting time to get involved. Clare PPN was set up successfully over the last three years in Clare and is now looking to build and develop for the future.
Candidates for the Social Inclusion vacancy must be nominated by a Social Inclusion organisation and it is only the Social Inclusion organisations which have a vote for this position. Each group can nominate one candidate and vote for one candidate. Experience in Social Inclusion policy would be desirable but a range of experience and diversity is welcome.
What will the person have to do as a member of the secretariat? The Secretariat meets six times per year in Ennis with travel and subsistence provided when necessary. It also devises the work plan and strategy for Clare PPN which come from both the official formal function the PPN has to deliver and the views of the member groups. The proposed duration of Secretariat membership is February 2018 to May 2019 (local elections) with the option to remain for a maximum of five years as decided by the secretariat as a whole.
How will this election work?
Nominations are open now and close on February 9th 2018.
Step one: In advance of nominating a candidate please make sure of the following:
- The person you are nominating is a member of a social inclusion group in Clare PPN
- The person you are nominating agrees to stand for the position and can make the required time commitment.
Step two: Nominate the chosen person by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Nomination for Social Inclusion Secretariat Seat on or before the deadline of February 9th 2018 In this email you must include the following:
- Your name and the name of the group you are nominating on behalf of.
- Your chosen candidate’s name, address, contact details and a short biography of their experience which we can share with all members.
Step three: Clare PPN will circulate the list of nominees to all members of Clare PPN’s social inclusion college via email and members will then be allowed to vote for their chosen candidate by return email. The election will be completed on or before Wednesday 20th February and the person with the highest number of votes will be elected. Please note that even if you nominate a candidate you will also need to cast a vote once the list of nominees has been finalised.
Any questions related to this or to the role of a secretariat member can be directed to Sarah on 087 1617375
Email your nominations to email@example.com on or before February 9th 2018.
List of eligible groups for nominating candidates and voting in this election:
- Redeem Christian Church of God
- Haven Horizons
- The Willow Counselling Centre
- Camphill Community Mountshannon
- Obair Social Inclusion Project
- Arás Mhuire Housing Association Ltd
- West Clare Community & Education Centre Ltd
- Brothers of Charity Clare
- Ennis Mental Health Association
- West Clare Family Resource Centre
- Ennis & Clare Samaritans
- Hype Youth Group
- Clare Citizen Information Service
- North West Clare Family Resource Centre
- Inagh Housing Association Ltd
- District Day Care Centre
- Shannon Active Retirement Association
- Friends of Ennistymon Hospice Co
- Multicultural Council of Ireland
- Clare Network of NCPD
- Clare Women’s Network
- Society of St Vincent de Paul, Clarecastle
- Clare Crusaders Children’s Clinic
- Shannon Family Resource Centre
- Cuan an Chláir
- NCPD-THE NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR (THE STATUS OF) PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES LTD
- Inis Housing Association Ltd
- Clare Haven Services
- Association for Nigerian community in clare
- Employability Clare
- Clare Immigrant Support Centre
- Fishbowl Youth
- Polish Irish Association
- Clare Older People’s Forum
- Caring for Carers Ireland
- Clare Center for Independent Living.
- Clare Youth Service
- Tulla (Clare) Reaching Out
- Seeking Vision Ltd
- Clare Accessible Transport
- Killaloe/Ballina Community & Family Resource Centre
- Clare Citizens Information Service
- Clare Housing Action Group
- Abortion Rights Campaign (ARC Clare)