Clare PPN is hiring! We are looking for a Support Worker.
Clare PPN is looking for a part-time support worker based in Ennis, Co. Clare
- Eight month contract (May 2019 to December 2019)
- 20 hours per week
- Gross salary €10,660.00
Clare PPN is a network open to community and voluntary groups based in the County. The purpose of the PPN is to allow these groups to give input and have their voices heard within the formal decision making structures of Clare County Council. Clare PPN aims to support through appropriate means, voluntary and community activity in the County of Clare through a community development approach and having particular regard to the economic, social, cultural and educational needs of the population.
We are now seeking to recruit a Support Worker to assist existing staff in developing the PPN as an effective structure to promote public engagement and participation in Co. Clare. This role is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person looking to gain skills and experience in an exciting and challenging initiative.
This is a part-time post for eight months, after which the post may be subject to continued funding.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Operating the day to day administration of the PPN.
- Maintaining the Salesforce database of member groups.
- Researching, collating and distributing a monthly newsletter.
- Managing and updating the Clare PPN website.
- Operating social media accounts.
- Supporting the Co-ordinator to plan and organise events, training, workshops and meetings including booking venues, sourcing and booking trainers/speakers/facilitators, sending invitations and reminders, registration processes and any follow up needed.
- Communicating with members by email and phone, including dealing with requests for information or advice.
- Preparing documentation, minute taking and reporting or any other reasonable tasks as directed.
- Supporting the Clare PPN Co-ordinator to devise materials to be used for PPN activities, for example online consultations, public meetings, workshops, surveys etc.
- Collating information for reports.
- Promoting the PPN and its work to member groups and the wider community and stakeholders.
- Any other work which may be assigned by the Co-ordinator on the day to day operation of the PPN.
Please check the Job Specification before filling in the Application Form and forwarding it to email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Monday 15th April 2019.
If you have any questions in relation to this post, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 1617375
It is proposed to hold interviews for this position during the week commencing 22nd April 2019 with a start date as soon as possible after selection.
Clare PPN is an equal opportunities employer.