The Clare PPN is calling for nominations for the following position:
Clare PPN representative on the Clare Local Sports Partnership Board
This representative role is open to Clare PPN members from the Community and Voluntary pillar.
The Clare Local Sports Partnership (CLSP) was established in 2001 by the Irish Sports Council (ISC), now known as Sport Ireland (SI) as part of the Local Sports Partnership Initiative ‘A New Era for Sport’. This approach was the first national physical activity participation strategy funded through a dedicated state agency. CLSP works with key stakeholders nationally and within the county, to target audiences and deliver specified activities and projects. The key target markets which have been the focus of development over the previous number of years include:
- Women in Sport
- Older Adults
- People with Disabilities
- School Children
- Unemployed People
- Disadvantaged Youths
- Immigrant Communities
CLSP is governed by a board of directors and representative of key agencies throughout the county including Clare Public Participation Network. Representatives also individually sit on sub-committees with reporting functions to the board.
For more information go to: http://www.claresports.ie/about-clare-sports-partnership/
How to nominate a candidate
Nominations are open from Monday 19th November to Friday 23rd November at 5pm– no late nominations will be accepted.
Groups wishing to nominate a candidate must seek their consent first and then must send us an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Community Group (must be a Clare PPN Community & Voluntary member)
- Name of proposed nominee.
- Contact details of proposed nominee.
- A short paragraph (up to 200 words) detailing the nominees’ suitability and experience for the role- this will be shared on social media and on our website in advance of voting.
- A photo of your nominee which we may share with our members and social media followers.
What happens then?
- Clare PPN will confirm receipt of nominations by email.
- Following the close of nominations, Clare PPN will circulate details of candidates to our members and online and voting will be open until Friday 30th November at 5pm.
- NB: Even if you have nominated a candidate you will still need to cast your vote to support their election.
For further information about any of the above roles or Clare PPN’s election processes please feel free to call us on 087 1617375.