Fisheries Local Action Group (FLAG) West is requesting ideas and submissions as soon as possible from coastal communities, groups or individuals, in relation to possible costal projects or developments that should be highlighted for potential funding streams.
Project proposals must be consistent with the FLAG Local Development Strategy for the FLAG area in question and address one or more of the following themes:
• Adding value to fishery and aquaculture products
• Creating/maintaining jobs in coastal areas
• Promoting innovation in fisheries and aquaculture
• Supporting diversification within coastal communities
• Lifelong learning, attracting young people into fisheries, aquaculture, and marine related careers and activities
• Promoting social well-being and cultural heritage in fisheries and aquaculture areas
• Promoting best environmental practices
• Strengthening the role and governance of fisheries communities in local development.
Please forward your ideas and project proposals to: Oonagh O’Dwyer email@example.com as soon as you can!