Notice of Clare PPN representative elections
The Clare PPN hereby gives notice of election for the following two representative positions:
- Clare PPN representative on the Clare Local Sports Partnership Board
This representative role is open to Clare PPN members from the Community and Voluntary pillar.
The Clare Local Sports Partnership (CLSP) was established in 2001 by the Irish Sports Council (ISC), now known as Sport Ireland (SI) as part of the Local Sports Partnership Initiative ‘A New Era for Sport’. This approach was the first national physical activity participation strategy funded through a dedicated state agency. CLSP works with key stakeholders nationally and within the county, to target audiences and deliver specified activities and projects. The key target markets which have been the focus of development over the previous number of years include:
- Women in Sport
- Older Adults
- People with Disabilities
- School Children
- Unemployed People
- Disadvantaged Youths
- Immigrant Communities
CLSP is governed by a board of directors and representatives of key agencies throughout the county including Clare Public Participation Network. Representatives also individually sit on sub-committees with reporting functions to the board.
For more information go to: http://www.claresports.ie/about-clare-sports-partnership/
- Clare PPN representative on the Joint Policing Committee of Clare County Council
This representative role is open to all members of Clare PPN.
The purpose of the Joint Policing Committee (JPC) is to provide a forum where a local authority and An Garda Síochána, with the participation of Oireachtas members, local councillors and community interests, consult, discuss and make recommendations on matters affecting the policing of the local area in order to contribute to the improved safety and quality of life of the community. We would particularly welcome nominations from groups involved with youths.
Functions of the JPC:
- Serve as a forum for consultations, discussions and recommendations on policing and crime issues within local authority administrative areas
- Review levels and patterns of crime and related underlying factors
- Establish and coordinate Local Policing Fora
Election Rules and Process
- Only groups who were members of Clare PPN on 26th October 2018 are eligible to vote in these elections.
- No person can represent Clare PPN on more than one external committee or body.
- Only groups who are members of the Community & Voluntary pillar may nominate or vote for the Clare Local Sports Partnership representative role (contact us if you are not sure)
- Each member group may nominate one candidate and may cast one vote in the relevant election- it is each group’s named contact person’s responsibility to consult with their own members in regard to this.
How to nominate a candidate:
Nominations are open from Monday 29th October to Friday 9th November at 5pm– no late nominations will be accepted.
Groups wishing to nominate a candidate must seek the person’s consent first and then must send us an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of Community Group.
- Position number for which they are nominating a candidate.
- Name of proposed nominee.
- Contact details of proposed nominee.
- A short paragraph (up to 200 words) detailing the nominees’ suitability and experience for the role- this will be shared on social media and on our website in advance of voting.
- A photo of your nominee which we may share with our members and social media followers.
What happens then?
- Clare PPN will confirm receipt of nominations by email.
- Following the close of nominations, Clare PPN will circulate details of candidates to our members and online and voting will be open until Sunday 18th November at 5pm.
- The successful candidates will be informed immediately.
- NB: Even if you have nominated a candidate you will still need to vote for them once voting opens to support their election.
For any further information about any of the above roles or Clare PPN’s election processes please feel free to call us on 087 1617375.